Use these links for information from government agencies and vetted third parties about new legislations, best practices, and other business topics. Most recent additions will be at the top of the list. Have a resource you’d like to share with fellow members? Send a link to email@example.com.
- Illinois Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Materials – All employers much have every employee review and verify that they have received training on an annual basis.
- Federal Corporate Transparency Act – New Reporting Requirements in 2024. Thank you to Cheryl Susman ADHD Coaching for the suggestion.
- Illinois Minimum Wage Requirements
- Northbrook Single-Use Bag Tax goes into effect 1/1/24. Info for Businesses and Consumers
- Illinois Back2Business Grant Information — Grants up to $30,000 available to businesses that launched in 2020 or 2021 in designated industries. Applications Open 11/30/23 to 1/11/24.
- New Illinois Paid Time Off legislation takes effect 3/31/24.
- Self-Employed Tax Credit Information (SETC) and Employee Retention Credit (ERC) Flyers – Submitted by Kim Rasmussen, Wealthwave: “For chamber members that are sole proprietors, single member LLC’s, or 1099 subcontractors, the SETC is a great opportunity for businesses that did not qualify for the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) due to having less than 5 employees, etc. Also, did you know that only 3.5 million out of 37 million eligible businesses have applied for the ERC? This is a valuable tax credit that has been extended until 2025 something many don’t know. I constantly come across people that believe it was cancelled or ran out of money and so on. See the flyers for more information.”
- Understanding the Illinois Day and Temporary Labor Services Act — a summary of new requirements affecting employers who use temporary workers for 90 or more days. Thank you to Mark Bernhard, Bernhard Woodwork for the suggestion.